The Wattsonian

The Wattsonian

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Blog Unleashed

Time to unleash my inner blog! …which may be more like my inner blog tiptoeing out of me than an unleashed explosion. I’m not normally one to talk about myself and my very ordinary life, but I thought heck, since a blog is a totally legit place to do such a thing, why not?

Here’s the quick bio on me and my hubby, Clayton:
  • I am very short, he is very tall.
  • I study English, he studies Computer Engineering.
  • I eat poorly, he eats healthy (but I’m improving in a desperate effort to not doom my future kids to a near veggie-less diet).
  • I freckle mercilessly in the sun, he tans beautifully.
  • I’m prone to “freak-out” moments, he hasn’t freaked out in the 9 months of dating, engagement and marriage that I’ve known him.

Ours is actually not a marriage of opposites; we’re different enough to keep life fresh, random and full of opportunities to grow, but we have a lot in common and, though we may vary in degree of passion, enjoy many of the same interests.

A quick bio on just me, the blogger:
  • I hairspray my bangs everyday because I prefer a style that parts my bangs over a cowlick right in the middle f my forehead, and my cowlick and I are forever locked in a battle of where those bangs should go.
  • I put mustard on my scrambled eggs.
  • Why mustard? Genetics—my daddy and his mother do it too. I don’t blame genetics for my actions, but I do blame them for my taste buds.
  • I don’t fear heights, but I fear tight spaces and the creeping things of the earth, like spiders. Once upon a time as a wee child, I used my hand as a playground for Daddy Long-Legs. But over the years, spiders snuck up on me just too many times, and now they approach me at their own peril.
  • I’m too scared to get close enough to kill spiders. What a problem! I foresee myself asking a 5-year-old son someday, “Can you kill that spider for Mommy?” Of course, he probably wouldn’t mind.

Can I sew, cut or style hair, or cook delicious meals that my husband can smell a mile away? No. I probably couldn’t have gotten a husband in the olden days. I’m not the girliest of my gender, but I am distracted by girly things like lights and colorful and shiny things. I was probably a cat in another lifetime.

I find my interests in a plethora of activities: I like to read, write, play the piano, play video games-card games-any games, watch movies or TV, listen to music, camp, hike, fish, snowmobile, 4-wheel, go-kart, drive fast cars, ride fast rides, exercise, play sports, and visit friends and family.

There’s never enough time or money for me to do these activities often, but I still enjoy them all. Of course, most activities are quadrupled in awesomeness when I do them with Clayton.

Last of all, biggety-boom, I’m an active member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—the Mormons. My religion has helped shape my beliefs and values, so my comments throughout this blog of life may include thanks for blessings or a prayer for help from time to time.

Okay blog, I unleash you. No idea what’ll happen. Except that maybe Clayton and I will actually start taking pictures of our adventures from here on out.


Here we are as snazzy newlyweds


Also one of my favorite activities

2 comments: